Longnor Chapel is one of the older established of the chapels of the former Wetton and Longnor Circuit. The plaque reads "Wesleyan Chapel" without a date. It is known that a Methodist Society was in existence in the 18th century. The building originally dates from 1780 (four years before Leek) with extensive alterations and enlargement in 1852.
The building closed as a Chapel in 1996. However, the congregation continued to meet in the village as an independent Methodist group for about four years afterwards.
Extract from the Leek Wesleyan Centenary Book, May 1853. Longnor.
Copyright position Home next List of Chapels Top