Hollinsclough Chapel is interesting for a number of reasons. It was built as a result of the actions of John Lomas, who gave part of his garden and did some of the building work. The Methodist society shared the cost.
The building dates from 1801, before there was any need to distinguish Wesleyan or Primitive, and has survived largely unaltered for 200 years.
It is the only remaining chapel of the former Wetton and Longnor Circuit. The 200th anniversary celebration was held at the Easter weekend 2001.
This section will be expanded to include more about John Lomas as well as the history of the Methodists at Hollinsclough.
Copyright position Home List of Chapels Top
First draft August 2000